Friday, August 23, 2013

Scenes from my past - Part eighteen

I've been hanging out on this hometown nostalgia page on Facebook. It's brought up a lot of old memories of my childhood. For some reason it sparked a reverie about candy. Don't eat candy anymore but I had a huge sweet tooth as a kid. For a while I was really into Turkish Taffy. It's actually an awful candy but I liked the whole smack it and crack it thing. And their commercials had a great jingle. Don't actually remember this first commercial but the jingle at the end is the original one I remember. And there's great footage of Coney Island in its glory days.


I remember seeing this one on the TV with the new jingle. It explains the smack and crack.



Surprisingly, Bonomo is still in business and somebody is still eating that inedible stuff.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home