Sunday, September 16, 2012

Otters are cute

Sorry light posting. I'm at the beach with the family and it's hard to focus on blogging. Anyway, as I've said before, there's a lot of animals, particularly rodents, that I don't think are particularly cute but I've always loved otters.

Think it goes back to a book I read when I was about 9 or 10 years old. The name of it may have been Tarka the Otter. Something like that. It was about the adventures of a little guy who got lost from his family.

They're good critters. They stick together. They take care of each other. And they say when they sleep, they hold hands so they won't float away from each other. Not sure that's true. I seem to recall they live in lodges and sleep out of the water, but still, otters are cool. And cute.

Meanwhile, the surf is calling me just outside the window. Only two more days here so forgive me if I disappear again. Sorry, no photos till I get home. Forgot the cord to upload from the camera to the 'puter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home