Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dragon tales

A few days late but Happy Chinese New Year. It's the year of the Dragon, said to be the year of the Chinese zodiac cycle that brings change and prosperity. Wish I could have been in NYC for the celebration. Stumbled into Chinatown one year, not realizing it was the day, and it was awesome. People partying on the streets everywhere. The side streets were literally ankle deep in spent fireworks paper. This is what it looked like in the Far East:


More photos here.

I didn't actually celebrate at all. In fact life has been quiet in the little city so far this year. Took forever to kick that stupid cold I started with and I've been trying to catch up ever since. Finally renewed my driver's license yesterday. Feels good to be legal. Was kind of freaking out about being stopped on the way to the grocery store.

Anyway, my Chinese New Year present to you are a couple of links that can't easily be embedded directly. I know I keep saying, I don't do cute kitten pix, but this line-up of reimagined album covers is just too cute not to share.

And I really want one of these wunderbras. (Safe for work)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home