Sunday, January 10, 2010

Birthday blogging

It was my birthday yesterday. I'm now officially old enough to start lying about my age. Like Jack Benny, I'm now going to be celebrating the anniversary of my 39th birthday for the rest of my life. It was a good day though. Didn't get any material presents to speak of, but I literally spent the better part of the day on the telephone with friends and family calling to wish me well. And the rest of the time I spent on the internets thanking all the people who sent me cyberhugs. I feel surrounded by love in a way that I haven't in many years.

Also splurged on some good beer, Newcastle Ale and take out Chinese for dinner. Was a good way to embrace my impending membership in the senior citizen club. Weird to be, and look, older than I feel. Anyway, hoping to get back on track with posting soon, but in the interim, here's a fun video that just passed on to me.



The music is a Hammond-organ jazz rendition of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" put together with a couple of dance clips from 30's movies. I loved it. Hope you do too. Via Marcellina who posts from Austria. You should be checking her blog regularly. She's always posting some great pix of the Austrian Alps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home