Sunday, October 25, 2009

Time for an Upgrade I Guess

Well I spent about three hours, maybe more, yesterday trying to figure out why that ugly code appears at the top of the blog. The good news is, I'm not the only one who has this problem. The bad news is, it's in the template and none of the fixes I found, that I could understand even slightly, work to get rid of it.

Apparently, if you use a classic template, something happened when Google took over Blogger and they're probably punishing us for failing to upgrade to a newer template. The big problem seems to be, that my template is so old it makes the other classic templates look modern. I don't have the same code in mine that other people do. Hell, I barely have any code in this one. When I tried the easy fixes, it didn't do a thing. And when I tried all the fixes at once, I froze the program. Thought for a minute I may have broken the blog altogether.

I suppose at some point I'm going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade to one of the new ones. Which probably wouldn't be a bad idea since this little blog could use a little facelift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home