Friday, January 09, 2009

I'm getting older too

Well, as Elisson would say, I completed another trip around the sun today. I put this video up a while ago, but the song feels right for the moment and this is different version.



It's not the best birthday I've ever had considering the unsettled circumstances of my life right now. But's it's not the worst either. On the bright side, most of my moving parts are still working pretty well. The foot is almost all better. I got a few nice cards and lots of good wishes. I'm warm. There are people who love me even if I don't get to see them much. I have food in the fridge and a full tank of cheap gas in my car. I didn't have to drive through snow and ice to go the store and I could splurge on a 12 pack of Newcastle, one of my favorite beers, without feeling guilty because it was on sale this week. I'm blessed in many ways.

I don't feel as old as I am but I have changed. Ten years ago, I would have been getting ready to head out to the bars in lovely downtown Noho to cash in on the free birthday drinks and party till dawn. Tonight, maybe I'll have two beers instead of one, to celebrate the annual milestone, and I'll be in bed before midnight. Probably fall asleep watching a Law and Order rerun. But I'll wake up tomorrow and start the next orbit around the sun without a hangover. I don't hate that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home