Monday, January 05, 2009

For the birds

I wonder why I can eat fried eggs every single day without a problem but hard boiled eggs make me sick. I made some egg salad the night before last. I started feeling kind of crummy about an hour after I ate it and I had an upset stomach all day yesterday. I'm still feeling a little dicey today. Strange.

Speaking of eggs that reminds me I meant to post my bird story. I was sitting on the deck drinking coffee the other morning. It was really warm and there was a low ceiling of barely dense but really opaque white clouds. All of sudden a huge flock of silent birds starting pouring from behind me, heading for the far horizon. It went on for a full half a minute and they eventually filled the sky in my immediate vision.

They were flying through the bare bottom edge of the cloud so it was hard to identify them. I thought at first they were seagulls. We see them here now and again. The silence was profund. The whole McCompound was eerily quiet.
Finally as the last stragglers broke off from the flock, a couple of them spoke. I think they might have been crows but I'm not sure. Crows are usually so much noiser and the seagulls sound a bit like them. I'm not unconvinced it wasn't the biggest flock of seagulls I've ever seen in my life. I'm sure that must mean something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home