Monday, January 15, 2007

Screwing around with the drug war

I did my drug war blogging at the Detroit News today. One of my co-bloggers gave me a perfect opening to retread the respectable middle class consumer theme that I talked about yesterday, with a different twist. And the paper ran a great story on a ND state legislator trying to get a license to grow hemp. So I got to twist the screws on the DEA a little.

Interesting item in the second link. Ron Paul is the only legislator that ever introduced a bill to remove industrial hemp from the dangerous drugs list. It died on the floor. I find I'm thinking about Ron Paul a lot since he declared. I've been seriously thinking about actively supporting this campaign. This edges me a little closer.

It's a funny thing. The idea of actively supporting a Republican's candidacy feels so foreign in my brain that I'm afraid my head might explode if I do it. I think that's why I haven't checked out his voting record yet. I'm afraid if I like it too much, I might just contact the campaign and ask what I can do to help. That would feel really screwy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home