Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Strange day

Geez, I'm just useless on my first day off after a long work run. I slept in until almost 10:00 this morning. I must have been really sleep deprived because I had intense dreams all night. I haven't had dreams like this since I stopped doing cognizant dreaming a few years ago. I scared the bejusus out of myself when it started working.

You can perform conscious acts in your dreams you know, but the results are not for the faint hearted. And it really weirds me out when I see the same characters in my dreams today that I saw in those days. I was dreaming that I was locked out of my house and wandering around this strange condo complex trying to find my way home when a cab driver showed up that I recognized. That's what finally woke me up.

And it's been a strange morning besides. I never get visitors here. After almost a year and a half, I still only know a few people in town and they don't visit. But this morning, I'm ditzing around on the net and the house is mess from the hit and run lifestyle of the work week, and I had two visitors knocking on my door within 20 minutes. Needless to say, like any self-respecting blogger, I'm in my nightgown, which leaves little to the imagination, so I'm throwing on a sweater in 80 degree heat to answer the door, which is wide open anyway and my hair is mess as only my hair can be.

First Ortega, my lawn guy, showed up. He really wants to buy my Ford for $500. I hadn't even had my coffee yet, so I didn't give him an answer. Hell, I couldn't make complete sentences. I could probably get a couple hundred more for it but now that I'm reaching a functional level of consciousness I'm thinking I should just sell it to him. He wants it for his daughter. I really like the guy, he works hard and I won't have to hassle with selling it to a stranger. Besides, I paid about $6,000 for it, drove it for six years and only put a few hundred into repairs so I got my money's worth out of it and it would be good karma to give someone a good deal for it. Especially since I got my new car for free.

My next visitor was much more surprising. It was Christine, the old lady that I rescued when she fell out of her SUV a couple of weeks ago. I didn't even recognize her. She looked great today and she looked smaller than she did when she was lying on her driveway and I was contemplating how I was going to pick her up. Fast healer that one. You could barely tell she had been that banged up. She told me she used honey on her wounds to help them heal. I love the old folk remedies.

I didn't invite her in, but she was on her way to her brother's house to cook for him or something anyway. Bless her heart, she's 69 years old. I think she may turn out to be my first friend in the neighborhood. I love old ladies. Especially fesity ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home