Thursday, July 28, 2005

Sun so hot, I froze myself

I finally broke down and turned on the AC this morning, not because I was too hot, but because I couldn't breathe. It was over 100 degrees three days running. I was comfortable enough with just the fans. Although I was leaving the doors open all night long, by two in the morning, I was still reaching for a blanket but this morning I woke sick as hell from bad air.

The air quality is so bad it makes August in lovely downtown Noho look refreshing. The air is not so wet and thick as it was up north but it's a 100 times more unbreathable.

I'm happy to report the AC unit works very well. I have it on the lowest setting and I'm sitting here at the computer wrapped in a Mexican blanket. How ironic, to live in such a warm place that you have little choice but to freeze in the summer.

The good news is I hear a rumble of thunder in the distance. The weatherman has been promising a thunderstorm for the last two weeks. Hope he's right tonight. It would be nice to be able to open the doors again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home