Monday, June 06, 2005

Sad day for reformers - Raich loses

This sucks. So much for my woman's intitution. Pete was right and it came on a Monday.

Despite three sensible judges, the decision is out and Raich lost. It's not that I didn't expect it, but nonetheless I'm too disappointed and disgusted to even blog about it yet. I leave you to read the press on your own for now. It's mostly all versions of the same AP story so far.

New York Times.
San Francisco Gate
Usa Today.
MSNBC. They also have a poll question asking if the feds should start prosecuting medmar patients now, which currently stands at 89% against doing so.
Bloomberg doesn't have much to say.
Reuters does a better job.
Hometown Channel. Another poll here running 82% against the decision. They also have a discussion forum that is coming out completely against the decision.

The ACLU issued a press release saying it won't change things much and that individual users should not freak out.

Drug Free America of course is strutting around crowing about their victory in their press release.

The 79 page opinion is here. I don't have the heart to read it just yet but I'm sure I'll have more to say once I do.

Oh and Pete, send me a mailing address. I owe you a Kennedy half dollar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home