Sunday, June 12, 2005

It was another long day and I'm just whipped from no sleep and all the excitement over the latest revelations on the Downing Street If you're not already reading my political blogs, check them to see what's going on. This could the end of the road for the Bush regime.

At the moment however, I need sleep so I leave you with the latest on the gardening in a grow zone. It's like living in the cloud forest here. It's sort of tropical alpine and everything is growing at an alarming rate.

The morning glories are definite plants and will show true leaves by Wednesday at the latest. I can't decide if I should thin them. The beans are coming up in the garden. No sign of the nasturtiums yet but I planted them directly in the clay on the theory I'll get more flowers in poorer soil. They have to work harder to break through and I see some cracking so I have pretty high hopes for them yet.

The Brandywine tomato meanwhile keeps getting taller but not fuller. I'm thinking I should pinch the top once it grows over the cage, which is imminent already. Any advice on that from the gardeners?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home