Friday, June 10, 2005

How does my garden grow

Another long day for me and the inbox is too full to deal with tonight so I'll give you the garden news. Big excitement of the week was finally locating a couple of tomato cages. My poor Brandywine got so long and skinny that it broke its stake in the last thunderstorm and got pretty beat up. I'm happy to report however that she's come back again and looks happy enough in her new home. I bought a second plant to hedge my bets though.

The garden is looking pretty good altogether since the deer haven't been back in a few days. The strawberry plants have new leaves though so I think they might be due for a return visit. Nonetheless everything is growing like crazy for the moment and the window boxes are already booming after only three days. That magic soil really works. The transplants have already grown and the morning glory seeds have sprouted. I've never had them sprout so quickly.

I worked out the fallen window box problem rather well I thought. I set it up on a couple of rectangular brick stepping stones and painted the slat under the window sill white. It looks like a bench with flowers on it and in theory the morning glories will grow to cover the window sill anyway. It could look great in three weeks. The weather is so tropical that everything appears to grow twice as fast as it does up north. It feels odd, but I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home