Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Days are numbered for Tulia style task forces

With three blogs going, and trying to post original content on each of them, I'm finding it difficult to keep track of where I post what. I'm sure I posted on this at the time Bush proposed it - it's the first time I've agreed with any of his proposals - but I think it may have been at the Detroit News, so this post at Grits for Breakfast is a timely reminder that drug task forces are falling out of favor. It appears even the zealots are noticing they're not getting their money's worth out of these ill-conceived groups. I think Tulia did a lot to bring the focus on just how ineffective and destructive they are.

As Scott notes, it's heartening to see the defunding of these fraud machines receive such bi-partisan support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home