Monday, June 27, 2005

A&E, Time Warner partners in prohibition with Drug Free America

I don't know how I got on this mailing list. I must have failed to opt out somehow the one time I visited their website but I get these A&E alerts all the time. I don't usually read them but for some reason, I opened this one today. I'm glad I looked at it before breakfast. This is just sick. Taking a page from the Bush handbook on faking public support, the group is holding a fake "town meeting."

A&E, Time Warner Cable and Partnership for a Drug-Free America® have formed an alliance focusing on intervention and treatment for people suffering from addiction to drugs or alcohol. A&E's new documentary series, Intervention, has inspired people all over the country to seek help, for themselves or for a family member. Working with local chapters of the Partnership for a Drug-Free America, A&E and Time Warner Cable have teamed to bring you two "Town Hall" meetings - one in Cincinnati and one in Houston. Both meetings will feature a screening of the program Intervention and a panel discussion with interventionists, recovered addicts, and other treatment professionals from the Houston and Cincinnati areas. The Town Halls will be attended by government officials, local treatment professionals, senior high school students, hospital workers and others who will all have the chance to sound off on their own personal experiences with addiction.

It's this sort of propaganda that results in evil and destructive prohibition profiteering programs like Straight, Inc. In fact the whole concept stinks of the Semblers. I wouldn't be surprised to find out they are heavily involved and making money from this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home