Friday, April 08, 2005

Transition

Well it took all day but I got my car back and I'm a legal driver again. Grady came to pick me up and we had a nice chat on the back to the garage. He talks really slow but he didn't look at all like I expected and he's had an interesting life. It's a good thing I did it that way because I drove him back to the place and it's really hard to find. You can't see it from the main road. I never would have found it on my own.

The car isn't finished yet. There's more stuff that needs to be done but it was running great. No inconvenient stalling and the new wipers made a big difference in today's storm. I haven't met the owner who is off in Texas seeing his sister or something but I really like this garage. They seem very honest and they haven't charged me very much money yet.

I also got the license and reg changed. Not as easy as it sounds but the problem is with the weird paperwork, not with the officers and clerks. They were really nice and the whole process was amazingly efficient. I got one sign, (like you remember which shape the RR crossing is without the picture) and 3 questions wrong on the driver's test. Good enough to pass.

The new license photo was not great but compared to the last four, it was okay. Thus inspired and having to go to the local mall to change the plates, I had my passport photo taken as well. What the heck, I was still wearing lipstick and it's due to renew. That one was an improvement on the current photo as well.

I took the back way into town. I'm convinced it's quicker and the drive is certainly nicer. Wisteria vines and shrubby cherry trees form a large part of the undergrowth in the undeveloped woods along those roads and the well tended lawns in between are turning emerald green. It was a colorful and pleasant ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home