Saturday, April 02, 2005

If it's not one thing...

I'm so spectacularly unco that I managed to trip and rip my foot open on the overturned plastic storage bin I was sitting on this morning. Of course I was at the family homestead, alone with miles of white carpeting in every direction. There's going some shampooing going on over there I'll tell you. The interesting thing was I didn't rip my sock to do it and it's an ugly little injury. Go figure.

Meanwhile, it turns out that Grady was just joshing me about the car. It was on the lift yesterday and of course needs to have all the brake lines replaced after all those New England winters. I probably should have washed it more - or ever. I still don't know quite where the garage is but it wasn't done today in any event so I guess I'll just wait until it's fixed now.

It's cold here tonight. I'm home for only a couple of hours but I arrived in the daylight to find I have azaleas ready to bloom and my latest lilies, which appear to be some kind of Dutch variety, are growing apace. The trout lilies are about gone past but the bluets are multiplying with the rain and the entire yard, front and back, is ablaze with violets. Not to mention the neighbors all have gorgeous cherry trees in different shades of pink. On the down side my window box fell off in the wind but there's still a silver lining in it. I needed to change the soil anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home