Sunday, February 13, 2005

Trip to the big city

I went shopping with my family yesterday, an excursion that unexpectedly turned into a whole day affair when we took a wrong turn on the beltway. We had a great time and I managed to buy a lot of things I needed but I'm still recovering from the culture shock. I haven't left this little town since I arrived here weeks ago and for someone like me, who goes to the mall maybe twice in a decade, being in two different malls in one day was somewhat jarring. I always feel like I'm lost in the Tower of Babel when I'm in those places.

Meanwhile, it's been temperate enough to sit on the front porch with my coffee in the morning and the cardinals have been joining me. It's so sweet - they sit in trees on opposite sides of the yard and sing to each other. And my brave little daffodil plant has decided to tempt the whims of February and bust out in flowers. I now have four blooms to cheer up the view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home