Sunday, January 30, 2005

Sunday bird blogging

Well I'm not out of news but I'm out time. I'm on family duty and heading up to the homestead for the night but I did have an exciting sighting this morning. There was a half a dozen really big crows pecking away in my neighbor's yard this morning. I noticed one of them was the wrong color so I watched them for a while. It turned out the red one was really a Cooper's Hawk.

He hung around for a really long time and I'm not surprised he didn't bother the crows, they were about as big as he was but the robins were hopping around only yards away and a few wrens seemed unconcerned that he sitting on the telephone wires within striking distance watching them.

It was a funny morning. I also saw a dog that looked to be a golden retriever of sorts trotting down the street earlier. When she got to my driveway she turned in and trotted right down as if she might stop by and visit. I was ready to go to the door and let her in. She merely peed by the carport and kept going though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home