Thursday, December 16, 2004

No place like home

It was a long trip down last night and an even longer day with real estate agents today and I'm beat so just a quick post tonight. The stories of my interesting airport encounters and some hysterically bad properties I saw today will have to wait until I'm back in Noho on Saturday evening.

Meanwhile, I found this interesting blog, The Dust Congress, in my referral logs today. Only had the energy to take a quick look at it tonight but it appears to be destined for the blogroll.

I found this to be sad for some reason. Lisa Marie is keeping Graceland but is otherwise selling the bulk of the Elvis estate, including rights to her father's name and image, in a deal worth approximately $100 million. I don't think I'd be willing to sell out my own dad that cheap.

Just in time for Christmas, some Scrooge has invented an internet virus that masquerades as a holiday e-card. This one sounds particularly smart, it speaks several languages, so fair warning, whatever you do, don't click on any attachments even if they appear to come from a friend.

And not to neglect the drug war entirely, here's the corrupt prohibitionist of the week. A fired drug screener was free on bond after he was accused of having sex with a woman in exchange for a false report that there were no sign of drugs in her urine. It's as I often say, give a little man a little power and he turns into a big jerk.

Then there's this macabre bust. Oklahoma Highway Patrol found 610 lbs of marijuana in a shipment of caskets. The troopers found the pot when they stopped the truck for going 6 miles over the speed limit. Right. I'll bet the drivers were either black or had long hair or something.

Finally, more proof that cannabis consumers are responsible citizens. An Illinois police officer and her husband (who is a paramedic) were arrested for having 10-20 marijuana plants growing in their home. (Where do they come up with a number like that? I mean how hard can it be to get accurate count on such a small grow?) And there's this dentist, charged after state troopers found more than 200 marijuana plants growing in his barn, who was sentenced to five years in federal prison and a $250.00 fine. Odd to see a fine so low and no forfeiture in a case like this. The details are sketchy but I'd like to think he convinced the court that it was for personal use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home