Saturday, November 13, 2004

Unexpected visitors

I've been home sick with a little bug of some sort for the last couple of days and tend to go to bed early in any event at this point in life so it was kind of miracle I was even still up when the knock came at 12:00am last night. Ten years ago, this would not have been an unusual occurrence but nowadays it seemed unlikely to be for me. I heard a couple of girls giggling and didn't even go to the door, instead just hollering out that they probably wanted my neighbors. They persisted so I finally went to investigate and to my surprise and delight, there stood two of my dearest friends in the world, Amy and Maria, who I hadn't seen in at least 2 years.

We had a grand reunion until the wee hours of the morning. I love the kind of old friends that you can just pick up with as if no time had passed and I'm glad to report we'll have more time together as they will be around for the weekend.

Meanwhile, I woke up to a snow covered world. It's freezing but pretty and fortunately the sun is already melting the stuff off the cars. I have to go out later and I hate scraping the windshield.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home