Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, I'm home alone for the holiday and indulging in my annual guilty pleasure, hanging around in my pajamas watching the Macy's parade. I love those silly balloons. It's gone a bit downhill over the years though. Too much Broadway, not enough kid stuff.

I'm alone by choice. I was invited to other celebrations but frankly I don't like turkey dinners and having to dress up and travel with a bunch of stressed out drivers on the road in order to get a stomach ache from eating too much is not the way I prefer to celebrate. I'm content to have a day to myself and I usually manage to catch up with my friends later in the weekend.

I've lived through Thanksgivings when it was below 0, but it's rainy but warm here today. They're predicting it will go up to 65 degrees. I may go for a walk later. It's always eerily quiet on holidays and I like the way the town feels without traffic.

Unlike yesterday when I ran across town to the local grocer. It took 30 minutes to make a round trip of five blocks. Some bad driving was going on out there, let me tell you. Had to do it though. I literally had nothing in the refrigerator but a six pack of beer. And by the way, those who know of my legendary cooking skills will be impressed to hear I plan on using my stove to make brussells sprouts and mashed potatoes to go with my turkey sandwich. Don't laugh, that counts as cooking...

Hope your holiday is a peaceful one as well and thanks for the company over the last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home