Monday, November 22, 2004

Busting out of the blue bubble

I knew this would happen when I finally hung up curtains in the front windows after having lived in two of these fishbowl apartments on Randolph Place for 10 of the last 14 years. Lovely downtown Noho has finally outgrown me and the rumors are true - I'm leaving the Happy Valley and heading into "red state" territory. My family needs me and it's time to take my meme south.

It's been a big week. After 18 years with the same four partners, it's kind of like telling your family you're leaving home and you won't be coming back. It's never easy to leave your loved ones behind. We're a small law firm that made some big case law and the emotional ties aside, it's also hard to leave with cases pending. I started there when we were defending Abbie Hoffman in the CIA on Trial and it's been a long road of equally important First Amendment issues and more in the intervening years. But I'll save the sappy reminiscences for another day.

In the meantime, posting is likely to be somewhat irregular as I deal with tying up my loose ends here and make arrangements at the other end. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home