Saturday, August 28, 2004

New things

The planets have got to be in some kind of strange configuration because there's been this crazy energy around me all week. My watch died on the way to work the other day. I broke down and spent five bucks over my ten dollar limit and just got a new one right away at the CVS downtown. I'm happy to report it feels just like the old one on my wrist and looks similar enough that it's not jarring to check the time. I'm funny that way, a little change like a new watch often throws me off for a week or so til I get used to it.

Blogger also fixed my nav bar as you can see. Actually it was kind of a group effort. I really hated that hanging code so I emailed support again. I get a email back saying, I can use Blogger's FTP option together with my own hosting provider. Users of Blogger's free hosting service do not have the option of turning the navbar off but they may change the color any time.... Fine. As if I know what that means. I was calling it the search function thingy instead of a nav bar. And when I checked the page, it wasn't even there anymore.

Since the email said I couldn't turn it off (being a a lowly free blogsiter) I figured that maybe I had to pay for it and they had given it to me by mistake the first time. I was half-way through composing another plea for help when I decided to just go look into the template first. I'm still not sure how I got it to come back, but it works and I can change the color and everything. Very cool function but the search doesn't really return comprehensive results. Nonetheless, it was a techno -breakthrough for me. Now if I could just find someone who would give me a few hours of private instruction in CSS....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home