Tuesday, July 27, 2004

msn.foxsports.com
Ricky Williams "free at last"

The only sport I really care about is baseball. I don't follow football much at all so I didn't know who Ricky Williams was when I got the phone call, but I loved that someone in my family would think to alert me that he was on television talking about his cannabis consumption and saying that 75% of the NFL were also consumers. Williams was making the point that all these players smoking herb are still really good at their job. He also said his recently failed drug test was a factor in his decision to retire and mentioned the players beat their drug tests by taking a special drink.

It's all so ridiculous. Think about it. If they invented a test that no one could beat and 75% of the players tested positive for marijuana, would you stop watching the sport? Would you think less of them. They would be the same people you admired the day before you found out what they did to relax in the privacy of their own homes.

The sports world appears to be reeling but Ricky Williams is said to be at peace with his decision. One can't help but think that knowing he won't have to pee in a cup contributes greatly to his serenity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home