Friday, June 04, 2004

Changing the Climate

I'm still on the road and have had some access problems so I'm behind on the news. I'm sure by now everyone knows about this but I just want to offer my congratulations to Joe White and Change the Climate, the ACLU and the rest of the legal team for their recent victory in federal court against the Tranportation Department and Washington Metro's censorship of political speech.

Judge Paul Friedman noted in his decision that, "just as Congress could not permit advertisements calling for the recall of a sitting mayor or governor while prohibiting advertisements supporting retention, it cannot prohibit advertisements supporting legalization of a controlled substance while permitting those that support tougher sentences."

Rather well said don't you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home