Thursday, May 27, 2004

cherrycomm.com
Every vote counts.

To use my pal Harry McColgan's trademark expression, "Are you shitting me?" In the last 34 years I have failed to vote once, and that was on purpose to make a political statement. I was working at the polls that day.

Well, that is until last Tuesday. I worked late doing a ACLU training and got home ten minutes before the polls closed. I probably could have jumped in the car and still just made it but I was tired and thought, oh just this once, I'll skip it -- It's only an over-ride vote. I would voted for it of course.

Well wouldn't you know it, the over-ride lost by just one vote. Now I feel really guilty for shirking my civic duty. My vote would have made a real difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home