Tuesday, April 27, 2004

NRBQ

The Q is in town for a reunion gig. They have been a phenomenon in the Valley for as long as I can remember although I've never seen them live and frankly never really listened to their music. I could not name one of their songs but I did meet the two guys on the left tonight at Tully O'Reilly's (formerly known as City Cafe). I found it charming that they gave me fake names. (I do it myself at times). They called themselves Ed the Idiot Drummer and Jeff.

Their tech Syn, tells me they are in town early for rehearsals and predicts an outrageous weekend for lovely downtown Noho since anyone who has ever played with the band intends to show up in the Happy Valley. They did sell out two shows at the Calvin Theater with no discernible press.

This could become interesting.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home