Tuesday, March 09, 2004

negriltoday.com
Ganja Paradise

Cannabis Culture has a lovely little travelogue up on Jamaica, one of my favorite islands in the Caribbean. This is partly because as the article notes, "In the meantime, ganja is more available and less expensive in Jamaica than anywhere else in the world."

Peter Brady's account of his travels with the hashwizard named Bubbleman - whose "bubblebags" are easy-to-use tools that turn any type of cannabis into high quality hashish, makes for an entertaining read. I haven't been there myself since 1987 but I was glad to hear this.

Although Jamaica's popularity as a safe tourist destination ebbs and flows, my recent visit was extremely pleasant. The Irie vibe of friendliness, ganja-consciousness, and inexpensive cannabis made it a pleasure to be there, and the 85 degree temperatures and warm Caribbean Sea also added to the fun.

That's exactly as I remember it and with pounds of sticky bud going for $150 US, it might be time for a return trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home