Thursday, September 25, 2003

REMOTE CONTROL

My clicker died last week. I finally bought new one today. It’s a little fancier than the old one, DVD ready - as if I am, I haven’t managed to watch a DVD yet. Nonetheless, its way cool to be able to switch stations without having to click a button on the console ten times. I don’t actually watch TV much, I turn on for the ambient sound mostly, but I found I missed that little hand-held electronic unit more than I expected.




MISSING BOBBY KENNEDY

I’ve been thinking of the Camelot years a lot lately. RFK was a good and just US Attorney General, particularly in comparison with the Authoritarian Geek currently in charge of our national judiciary. I’d bet the old-timers on the federal bench agree with me today, as evidenced by this piece in today New York Times, New Plea Bargain Limits Could Swamp Courts.

The Aga John has really overstepped his boundaries this time. I think John Walters should investigate whether or not he is on some new drug that completely destroys common sense. What he is proposing would surely bring the already sluggish wheel of justice to a grinding halt.




JUST WAITING ON A FRIEND

The anti-prohibition warriors at Drugsense.org and their invaluable Media Awareness Project, are on the forefront of this battle to restore sanity to civilized society. Their sponsor has issued a challenge to the 20,000 people who visit the site to send in voluntary contributions to underwrite some of this important work. If you have a few bucks to spare, it’s time to put your money where your mouth is. Details are available here.




WE ARE THE WORLD

Meanwhile, across the big pond, Marco Cappato and The International AntiProhibitionist League are still shaking the roots of the establishment in Italy and the rest of that hemisphere. I love their newsletter. It’s barely in English and not all that visually attractive but very spirited in its content. I recommend subscribing if you care about the international political puzzle. My really long time readers will remember when I was pushing their UN petition. It didn’t sway the UN but the project is still ongoing, they’re verifying the current roster and are still collecting signatures. I signed months ago, but you haven’t yet added your voice to this chorus, click here.




SAY IT AGAIN SAM

Thanks to M. Arthur Hahn for the last word and quote of the day.

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce and brave man, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
Mark Twain



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home