Tuesday, March 12, 2013

In the days of my youth

My Dad used to go out every Sunday morning and get white powdered jelly donuts, New York hard rolls and about six different newspapers. Two of them had comic sections. The New York Daily News was the best one. It was a huge pull out. Half page fold. Dick Tracy was always on the front cover. I think Dondi was on the back.

Somewhere in the multitude of middle pages there was everything from Prince Valiant, to Apartment 3G to my very favorite -- Brenda Starr. I wanted to be her, bold investigative reporter with an exciting life filled with mysterious strangers.

Such is the beauty of the internets, when I was looking for something else, I saw this panel. I recognized it immediately. I was instantly transported to the moment I read this when it first ran. Meeting the elusive Basil St. John was a big turning point in Brenda's story.



[Photos are better if you click on them to embiggen.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home