Thursday, November 01, 2012

A blessed Dia De Los Muertos

I've always loved Halloween but as I get older I've come to appreciate the Mexican tradition of Day of the Dead even more. The earth based religions believe at this time of the year, the veils between the living and the dead are the thinnest and it's possible to communicate with our departed loved ones the most easily now.

I'm celebrating this one today. While I can't visit any grave sites, I'm remembering all my lost friends and family today and sending them my enduring love. Especially my Dad. Been just over a year but I still miss him just as much today and I did on the first day he left us. But I'm not telling him that. It's a celebration so I'll just send cheery thoughts about the good things in my life. [original graphic Fine Art America]

Addendum: Just in off the social nets. 50 Photos of the Day of the Dead.

2 Comments:

At 2:55 PM , Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

El Dia - funny that Dia would be a masculine noun, but it is. Wore my El Dia de los Muertos shirt with sculls on it last night and some little girl peed on my front porch.

Made me feel bad.

Good friend of mine died suddenly Wednesday night. The older I get, the thinner that barrier between living and dead seems to be.

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. Hard to lose friends. It doesn't get any easier even as it happens more and more.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home