Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Happy birthday Alfred

Alfred Hitchcock's birthday was yesterday but I ran out of steam before I got around to posting this video of every cameo appearance he ever made in his movies. If you're old as me, or a movie buff, you know that these brief cameo appearances was a trademark of his films.



Roger Ebert complains there's at least one missing. But I'm not a purist. I thought this was a lovely tribute to a great director.

I remember when he had the teevee show too. Never missed it on purpose. Which reminds me, I don't have cable tv anymore. All I have is an ancient set given to me that needs a converter box and rabbit ears just to get any stations. I get about six or eight different ones, depending on the weather.

Oddly they change every once in a while. This one station used to be Bounce TV, now it's ME TV, which is much better. Late at night they play the really old black and white dramas. I've seen Perry Mason twice now. I saw an old Thriller episode starring Elizabeth Montgomery when she was really young and a brunette. And a Naked City episode starring an impossibly young William Shatner. Hoping this station lasts for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home