Saturday, June 30, 2012

Big Wheel keeps on turning

I was going to post this on the solstice but didn't around to it. Still, it's a timeless story.

Don't go in much for amusement park rides anymore. Being spun in circles doesn't amuse me as it did when I was young. But I still love ferris wheels. Always have. I think my very favorite and scariest ride was at Coney Island. The cars slide on this one so when you're going down the front of the wheel it feels like you're going to fly right off.



I was reminded about this when I saw this photo gallery of ferris wheels around the world. Some very cool ones. If I ever win the lottery maybe I'll take a world tour and ride every one of them.

On a related note, found this on the social nets and it made me laugh. Probably don't want to ride the ferrous wheel. But, cute joke.



And on a semi-related note, the other ride I used to love but don't want to go on anymore is the roller coaster. I don't like the new ones that corkscrew and whatnot and it's hard to find wooden ones still in operation. The last one I rode was years ago and it's probably the best one in the world. The Cyclone at Coney Island, which is still running. Just turned 85 years old.



Worth every penny for the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home