Thursday, May 10, 2012

Kindness of strangers

Sometimes you're the recipient. Sometimes you're the bestower.

So upon my return to the Little City, I'm in line at the grocery store and the tiny little old lady behind me engages me in a long conversation about the box of Cool Whip she was buying. I saw her counting out the exact amount of the purchase in her hand. On a whim, when I got to the cashier, I asked if I could buy it for her. Of course she protested but I told her my religion required me to do something nice for a stranger and I was way behind on my tithe. She hugged me before she left.

Thought at first the cashier was pissed that I paid for a black woman. But guess she was just stunned. She said to me, "You're a rare breed."

I said, "Just paying it forward."

[Original graphic]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home