Thursday, March 26, 2009

Speaking with the enemy

In a few days I will have been blogging at the Detroit News for five years. I have a critic there who has been reading me since day one. He's a funny guy. He doesn't comment much anymore but in the beginning he used to harangue me regularly. Over the years we became friendly adversaries.

He can't type for shit. He looks illiterate when he comments. If you judged him just on that, you would think he was just some brain dead idiot who couldn't string together a coherent sentence. But I always had a feeling he was more than that.

Long story short, I gave him my phone number the other day and he actually called me. He's a really interesting guy. Very articulate and nice. We talked for over an hour and it was like we had been best friends all our lives. I always knew he secretly liked me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home