Friday, March 18, 2005

A day in court for Loretta Nall

I'm woefully remiss in my daily reads. I haven't read anything in almost two weeks so I'm especially glad that Loretta Nall checked in with a link to an account of her latest court appearance. As you may recall, she was raided and charged with possession of a ridiculously small amount of marijuana after writing a letter to the editor of her home town paper and the DA wants her to go to jail for 8 months over it.

She gives us a fascinating look inside the Alabama court system and although the DA is obviously a nutcase, and the court officers are, I believe, overstepping their boundaries in enforcing order in the court, her judge sounds like an extraordinarily reasonable man. Her trial in April should be very interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home