Sunday, March 06, 2005

Bird count and a new gig

Blogger is still having some serious publishing issues but we're giving it another try this afternoon. I had planned to be raking but the wind bites through the sun, so here I am with the daily bird sightings. I'm thrilled to tell you that my gray flycatcher came for a visit this morning - at least I think it was him. He didn't get quite close enough to identify but it just felt like him. There was a whole throng of unexpected species with him. I had new flock of robins or maybe it was the old flock that realized it was still too soon to go north and came home as well. The best were the two newcomers, a couple of woodpeckers. They were too high in the tree to identify but it was fun to drink my coffee and listen to them drum. One stopped to sing for a moment. She had a very pleasant voice.

I'm excited about a new project looming on the calendar. I'm about to become the Southeast media coordinator for Law Enforcement Against Prohibition's speakers bureau. These guys, which includes my friend Howard Wooldridge, went from scratch to becoming one of the most effective reform organizations at the speed of light. I really admire this group and I'm feeling pretty darn honored to be working with them. I can hardly wait to get started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home