Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Epiphany

I've identified my new bird friend. He was out there on the same tree this afternoon when I walked out to check the mail. I went another step closer to him today so I could get a good look and he is definitely a gray flycatcher. He was more animated today and turned around once on the branch when I took that step, but he stayed when I didn't move and settled right down again. It's like he's used to being scrutinized by bird watchers.

I also discovered a live nature cam of a bird feeder. Of course it's dark now but I'm going to check it out in the morning myself. Meanwhile I'm realizing I'm in desperate need of lamps. The down side of leaving all your worldly goods behind is that you spend a lot of time shopping when you arrive and it takes twice as long to figure out where to go. And I'm now in the driving lifestyle again, living just a little too far to walk to anything. On the plus side I now know where all the essentials can be found and I still have our lovely little downtown to explore. I think I'm making inroads in town already. The trash removal service didn't make me show ID or pay up front.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home