Monday, October 11, 2004

images.ibsys.com
Letting the khat out of the bag

I first heard of this plant about a year ago at the DPA conference. I hadn't really heard much about it since, all the news on African herbs seems to be about ibogaine, so I was surprised to find its use is actually quite pervasive in our Somali communites in the US. I couldn't find the article I was looking for about how it's been intercepted more often at Denver International airport, although I did find some letters to the editor in reponse [scroll down]. In searching I also ran across this item about it's growing popularity in Columbus, Ohio.

I know nothing about the herb myself, having missed that session at the conference, but it seems to be just another harmless, though mildly stimulating herb that the US pharmaceutical corps don't want you to have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home