Sunday, July 11, 2004

On the ground

Well I arrived safely but once again it was eight hours on the ground and about ninety minutes in the air. The plane had some kind of nose problem in Balti and we ended up not only boarding late but also sitting on the tarmac for two solid hours while they decided whether to fix it or change planes. The airlines may save money this way but it seems to me that travel was a lot more efficient for the travellers before the hub system.

Anyway while I was on the road there was a good interview on protesting the drug war with Ethan Nadelmann of Drug Policy Alliance published yesterday. Ethan has the buzz this week after his piece, "Going to Pot: The growing movement toward ending America's irrational marijuana prohibition" appeared as the cover story in the National Review magazine. Both pieces are well worth reading in full.

Meanwhile, my hosts are about to take me out to do some sightseeing and enjoy the beautiful weather, so I'm out till later tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home