Sunday, December 22, 2013

For my sister

If I had won that big Megabucks lottery a few days ago, I would have funded this project myself. Brilliant. And how cool is it that you can make a living at origami?



Backstory:
Now the 33-year-old artist is appealing to Indiegogo’s crowdfunding angels to help him realize his ambition of folding a life-size elephant out of a single sheet of 50 x 50 meter (164 x 164 foot) paper. (So far he’s raised $13,843 of his $24,000 goal with 3 weeks to go.) Mabona says his aim is to show what a single sheet of paper can do by using it to create a replica of one of the world’s most imposing land-dwelling creatures.
[via anne Laurie]

3 Comments:

At 10:53 AM , Blogger rockync said...

How cool is that? I hope he gets there and I would love to see it. I wonder where it will be displayed?

 
At 2:58 PM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I think it tells you where it will be built at the backstory link.

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger rockync said...

Looks like it will be displayed in Switzerland but he also plans to live stream the process which would be way cool to watch. I used to fold origami but in layers years couldn't find the time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home