Thursday, November 18, 2010

No meteors for me

The Leonid meteor shower was at its peak last night. I went out a few times to check out the sky, which was brilliantly clear. Sadly, I didn't see a single one. Of course I don't have a wide view of the heavens where I live right now, but on the bright side, I did see the stars, even with the moon so bright I could make out the constellations. And on my last trip out, just before dawn, I heard a hoot owl. So there's that.

Meanwhile, I found this picture of Key West on twitter yesterday. Reminded me of the trip I took to Key Largo a long time ago. I tried to drive down to Key West while I was there but didn't make it past Islamorada. But all sunsets in the Keys look pretty much like this and everyone stops to watch.


2 Comments:

At 10:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

... beautiful photo!....

Eric

 
At 8:23 AM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey Eric. Good to see you. I do really love the Keys and if you go to the twitter link, the guy has more photos.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home