Thursday, September 02, 2010

I'll be back someday

I've been feeling like hell for going on three weeks now. Still hacking up crap and I'm weak as a kitten but I've been dragging myself to work somehow. I know I should just go to the doctor, but it's $50 just for the visit and he'll probably want another hundred bucks at least worth of tests. And God only knows how much antibiotics cost. Just can't afford it so send a healing thought and hopefully someday I'll be well again and be able to blog more regularly.

Thanks, as always, for sticking with me through the tough times.

3 Comments:

At 10:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you get to feeling better. Go to a drug store and ask for a good over the counter drug, most of them will help you, Cat

 
At 10:12 AM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks Cat. I don't think there is an OTC drug that can cure this. It's definitely a respiratory infection. I googled it and they say it lasts three weeks. It's been almost that and I've had them before. In the past it's miraculously disappeared as suddenly as it started in about three weeks. But I wasn't working then so I could stay in bed until it was over. I think the crazy hours at work is prolonging it. NOt getting worse, but not getting better either.

Worse part is, I'm not even getting that many hours but I'm scheduled five days a week with the days off staggered, so I never get a block of time to rest. Trying to hang on through the weekend and if it's not gone, I'm going to have to go to the doc and figure out to pay for it somehow.

 
At 7:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't remember if I gave you or someone else this link before. Had several "colds" a year that hung on. Dr. recommended and gave me this shot.

Haven't had the problem in ~4 years now. It's 2 pages.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/vis/downloads/vis-ppv.pdf

JimBob

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home